Therefore, in this article, we shall discover all the necessary details about using the dictate feature. First up, we will discuss the requirements and then the method to make the necessary configurations.
- The first thing you will be needing is a device on which you can easily use your microphone for the dictating purpose.
- Your device on which you have installed Office should also have Insider build 16.32 (19120802) or later installed on it.
- Other than this, provide a high-speed internet connection to your PC.
- Make sure there is as less noise as possible in the background.
- Additionally, you need to sign in to your account which is associated with your Office subscription.
- It is recommended to use a Mic that is specifically made for the dictation purpose to ensure you make the most out of the dictate feature.
Make configuration to enable the dictate feature
- First up you need to turn on the microphone.
- Select the preferred language with which you will dictate Word to write the given command.
- To select the preferred language, use the drop-down menu.
- Make the necessary changes in the settings of your microphone or the device’s audio function.
To start the dictation
- First of all, you need to launch your Word application on your Apple device.
- If you do not have it, then you may download it via the Apple App Store.
- After that, select the ‘Home’ button.
- Further, click on the ‘Dictate’ option.
- Now, you will see its icon on the ribbon.
- Then, click on its icon and wait for a couple of seconds.
- Ensure that the rod colored dot appears on your screen.
- Begin speaking the desired words which you wish to sew on your document.
- Make the necessary corrections, click on the ‘Dictate’ button and you are done.
I’m Marila Wilson and I have always loved Ohio. It has been a source of joy and comfort to me for many years. I am currently working for www.Office.com/setup at Newyork but still think of Ohio